8 November, 2018
With these joyful koto-cookies we start our new rubric – WonderFOOD both for parents and children. And we`ve made it so that young and old could show their creativity, learn how to consider different points of view for one and the same thing, share tastes of each other and simply communicate more in nice and tasty atmosphere.
Maybe, cookies from the nearest bakery look more attractive than your first joint culinary works. However, they definitely don`t have main ingredients – your warmth, care and specific incredible view of life. That is, these purchased cookies are not that tasty…
Recipe and cooking: Inna Levenets, Food style: Olha Drach, Photos: Yevheniia Drach
- 2 1/2 cups of flour (1 cup = 250 g)
- 1 tea spoon of soda or baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of grated nutmeg
- 100 g butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- an egg
- Take big deep bowl, put flour, salt, soda and grated nutmeg in it.
- Melt butter. For this purpose, put a plate with butter into microwave oven or on water bath and wait until it becomes soft and starts melting gradually. What is important, don`t let the butter boil. Do it under the supervision of adults – work with hot products can be dangerous.
- Leave the melted butter cooling down slightly.
- Now we will use mixer. We need to beat up butter with sugar for 2 minutes. Don`t forget about safety rules and be careful during the process!
- When sugar dissolves in butter, add an egg into the received mixture, blend well.
- Now add slightly the “butter+sugar+egg” mixture into the bowl where you earlier put flour, salt, soda and some grated nutmeg. Knead the dough with hands – it should look like plasticine. Make two balls out of dough, cover each of them with food wrap and put into the fridge. The dough should rest well for two hours in the fridge.
- In two hours take the dough out of the fridge, remove food wrap, leave it on the fridge for 5 minutes and start stretching the dough out. Do not stretch it too thin, let it be approximately one finger thick.
- Now, take forms for making cookies (stars, flowers, cats), shape the cookies, put them on baking tray with parchment and ask your parents to put it into the oven heated up to 170 degrees.
- Watch after the cookies for 12-16 minutes, they should become gold colored. Do not open the oven earlier, let the cookies bake without temperature drops. Do not hurry to take the ready cookies from switched though still hot oven. Let them stay for some more minutes. So, now you can carefully remove the cookies, let it cool down and eat afterwards.
- Bon appetite!
- How to melt butter in a right way?
- 1.Chop the butter into small pieces.
- 2.Put them into the heavy-bottomed pan and place it on water bath. Construction of the water bath is quite easy: put two pans on each other – the bigger one should be placed on the stove, fill it with some water. Place the smaller pan with the chopped butter into the first one.
- 3.Heat up butter on small fire, mixing up with wooden spoon.
- 4. When the butter is melted, switch off fire and take the pan out of water bath.
- 5.Remember that the work with stove and hot products is not safe! Follow all the security measures with your parents!