Cottage cheese doughnuts with dips
15 April, 2016
Cottage cheese doughnuts is such a culinary miracle, always being one of the most favorite home-made desserts. Giving pride to classical recipe, we decided to play with serving of these tasty roundels, by piercing them on skewers and bathing into colorful pallet of dips –violet syrup, strawberry jam, condensed milk and raspberry confiture in the mixture with liquid flower honey.
Recipe and cooking: Inna Levenets, Food style: Olha Drach, Photos: Yevheniia Drach
- 350 g cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 glass of flour
- 1/2 glass of sugar
- 1/2 tea spoon of soda
- 1 tea spoon of vinegar
- a pinch of salt
- vegetable oil for frying
- Knead cottage cheese with fork.
- Add eggs into cheese mixture.
- Neutralize soda with vinegar and add to cottage cheese with eggs. Add a pinch of salt.
- Add flour gradually. Depending on juiciness of cottage cheese and size of eggs, dough for doughnuts “will take” different amounts of flour.
- Form bolls in the shape of walnut out of ready-made dough. Cover your hands with some drops of vegetable oil, so that the dough did not stick to your hands.
- Heat up vegetable oil in deep saucepan. It should be as much that the doughnuts could dip easily and become rouge from all the sides.
- Put the doughnuts into hot oil and keep them in the saucepan until they become bigger and rouge.
- Put the ready-made doughnuts on paper towel to remove extra vegetable oil.
- Cover the cottage cheese doughnuts in sugar powder and serve with different dips: confiture, jams, condensed milk, melted chocolate or chocolate glaze, syrups.
- Bon appetite!